Managing and Maintaining Windows 8
Exam Code: 70-688
Duration: 4 Days
Fee: RM 2,500.00
In this course, students learn how to design the installation, configuration, and maintenance of Windows 8. Two unique features of this course are integration of cloud services and Windows Intune. The skills in this course are suitable for small or enterprise environments.
This course is intended for experienced information technology (IT) professionals that remotely manage and maintain Windows desktops and devices, and desktop support technicians and IT consultants who support small and medium-sized organizations.
At Course Completion
- After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Plan, select, and implement appropriate methods for managing Windows 8.
- Manage user authentication and intranet connectivity for Windows 8.
- Configure cloud services and deploy Windows Intune.
- Implement encryption and endpoint security.
- Plan a recovery solution for Windows 8.
- Design a recovery solution for Windows 8.
Module 1: Planning and Implementing Management of Windows 8
This module explains how to plan, select, and implement appropriate methods for managing Windows 8.
- Local and Remote Management of Windows 8
- Using Windows PowerShell for Management
- Using Group Policy for Management
- Additional Tools for Managing Windows 8
Module 2: Designing and Implementing an Installation Strategy
This module explains how to define an appropriate installation strategy for Windows 8 in a given scenario.
- Determining a Deployment Strategy for Windows 8
- Planning a Migration Strategy to Windows 8
- Planning and Implementing Additional Windows 8 Deployment Methods
- Planning for Operating System Virtualization
Module 3: Planning and Implementing Authentication for Windows 8
This module explains how to plan user authentication for Windows 8.
- Overview of User Authentication
- Overview of Domain-Based Security
Module 4: Planning and Implementing IP Addressing and Intranet Connectivity
This module explains how to plan and implement intranet connectivity for Windows 8.
- Designing IPv4 Addressing
- Designing IPv6 Addressing
- Overview of Wired Network Connectivity
- Designing Wireless Network Connectivity
- Securing Network Connectivity with Windows Firewall
Module 5: Implementing an Application Strategy for Windows 8
This module explains how to design and implement an application strategy for Windows 8.
- Designing Application Deployment
- Planning an Application Compatibility Strategy
- Managing Windows 8 Apps
Module 6: Planning and Implementing a Solution for User Settings
This module explains how to plan and implement a solution for managing user settings.
- Managing User Profiles
- Overview of UE-V
- Deploying and Using UE-V
Module 7: Configuring Cloud Services
This module explains how to configure Windows Live services, and plan for Office 365.
- Overview of Cloud Services
- Overview of Office 365
Module 8: Implementing Windows Intune
This module explains how to plan for and implement Windows Intune.
- Introduction to Windows Intune
- Deploying Windows Intune Clients
- Basic Windows Intune Administration
Module 9: Managing Computers by Using Windows Intune
This module explains how to manage computers by using Windows Intune.Lessons
- Working with Policies and Updates
- Deploying Software with Windows Intune
Module 10: Planning and Implementing Access to File and Print Resources
This module explains how to plan access to file and print resources.
- Managing Local Storage
- Planning Access to File Shares
- Planning File Caching
- Planning, Installing and Configuring Printing
Module 11: Planning and Implementing Encryption for Windows 8This module explains how to plan a solution for file encryption for Windows 8.
- Planning EFS
- Planning and Implementing BitLocker
Module 12: Designing and Implementing Endpoint Security for Windows 8
This module explains how to design and implement endpoint security for Windows 8.
- Planning an Update Strategy
- Implementing Virus and Malware Protection
- Implementing AppLocker
Module 13: Designing and Implementing Extranet Connectivity
This module explains how to design and implement extranet connectivity for Windows 8.
- Configuring Virtual Private Networks for Windows 8
- Planning Direct Access for Windows 8
- Managing Mobile Devices
Module 14: Planning and Implementing a Recovery Solution
This module explains how to plan a recovery solution for Windows 8.
- Overview of the Windows 8 Boot Process
- Repairing Stability Issues in Windows 8
- Planning User Data Recovery for Windows 8
- Microsoft is brand name / trademark owned by the appropriate vendors