Module Title : Course 50533A : Learn Microsoft Access 2010 Step by Step, Level 2
Duration : 1 day
This one-day instructor-led course provides students with an overview of the features and functions of Microsoft Access 2010.
This course is intended for information workers who want to learn intermediate-level Access 2010 skills.
Before attending this course, students should have experience:
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Basic file-management skills.
- Basic knowledge of the Access 2010 interface and database, table, and form creation and manipulation.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Restrict the type of data.
- Restrict the amount of data.
- Restrict the format of data.
- Restrict data by using validation rules.
- Restrict data to values in lists.
- Restrict data to values in other tables.
- Modify forms created by using a wizard.
- Add controls.
- Add subforms.
- Use e-mail forms to collect data.
- Create queries by using a wizard.
- Create queries manually.
- Use queries to summarize data.
- Use queries to perform calculations.
- Use queries to update records.
- Use queries to delete records.
- Create reports manually.
- Modify report content.
- Add subreports.
Module 1: Maintain Data Integrity
This module explains how to ways to help ensure the accuracy of data entered into a database.
- Restricting the Type of Data
- Restricting the Amount of Data
- Restricting the Format of Data
- Restricting Data by Using Validation Rules
- Restricting Data to Values in Lists
- Restricting Data to Values in Other Tables
Lab : Restricting the Type of Data
- Add fields with various data types
Lab : Restricting the Amount of Data
- Change the Field Size property of various fields
Lab : Restricting the Format of Data
- Use input masks to guide data entry
Lab : Restricting Data by Using Validation Rules
- Create and test validation rules
Lab : Restricting Data to Values in Lists
- Use the Lookup wizard to create a list
Lab : Restricting Data to Values in Other Tables
- Display a list of values from another table
After completing this module, students will be able to:
- Restrict the type and amount of data entered into a field.
- Require that data entered in a field be in a certain format.
- Use validation rules to prohibit invalid data.
- Limit the options for entering information in a database.
- Create a list of possible values for a field from the entries in a field in a related table.
Module 2: Create Custom Forms
This module explains how to customize forms to facilitate data entry and display.
- Modifying Forms Created by Using a Wizard
- Adding Controls
- Adding Subforms
- Using E-Mail Forms to Collect Data
Lab : Modifying Forms Created by Using a Wizard
- Use the Form wizard to create a form, and then modify it
Lab : Adding Controls
- Add and delete controls