Exam Code: 220-701 and 220-702
Duration: 4 Days
Fee: RM 2,200.00
If you are getting ready for a career as an entry-level information technology (IT) professional or personal computer (PC) service technician, the CompTIA® A+® Certification course is the first step in your preparation. The course will build on your existing user-level knowledge and experience with personal computer software and hardware to present fundamental skills and concepts that you will use on the job. In this course, you will acquire the essential skills and information you will need to install, upgrade, repair, configure, troubleshoot, optimize, and perform preventative maintenance of basic personal computer hardware and operating systems.
- No Prerequisites listed for this course
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify the components of standard desktop personal computers.
- Identify fundamental components and functions of personal computer operating systems.
- Identify best practices followed by professional personal computer technicians.
- Install and configure computer components.
- Install and configure system components.
- Maintain and troubleshoot peripheral components.
- Troubleshoot system components.
- Install and configure operating systems.
- Maintain and troubleshoot installations of Microsoft Windows.
- Identify network technologies.
- Install and manage network connections.
- Support laptops and portable computing devices.
- Support printers and scanners.
- Identify personal computer security concepts.
Support personal computer security
Lesson 1: Personal Computer Components
- Topic 1A: Personal Computer Components
- Topic 1B: System Unit Components
- Topic 1C: Storage Devices
- Topic 1D: Personal Computer Connection Methods
Lesson 2: Operating System Fundamentals
- Topic 2A: Personal Computer Operating Systems
- Topic 2B: Windows User Interface Components
- Topic 2C: Windows File System Management
- Topic 2D: Windows System Management Tools
Lesson 3: PC Technician Professional Best Practices
- Topic 3A: Tools of the Trade
- Topic 3B: Electrical Safety
- Topic 3C: Environmental Safety and Materials Handling
- Topic 3D: Perform Preventative Maintenance
- Topic 3E: Diagnostics and Troubleshooting
- Topic 3F: Professionalism and Communication
Lesson 4: Installing and Configuring Peripheral Components
- Topic 4A: Install and Configure Display Devices
- Topic 4B: Install and Configure Input Devices
- Topic 4C: Install and Configure Adapter Cards
- Topic 4D: Install and Configure Multimedia Devices
Lesson 5: Installing and Configuring System Components
- Topic 5A: Install and Configure Storage Devices
- Topic 5B: Install and Configure Power Supplies
- Topic 5C: Install and Configure Memory
- Topic 5D: Install and Configure CPUs
- Topic 5E: Install and Configure System Boards
Lesson 6: Maintaining and Troubleshooting Peripheral Components
- Topic 6A: Troubleshoot Display Devices
- Topic 6B: Maintain and Troubleshoot Input Devices
- Topic 6C: Troubleshoot Adapter Cards
- Topic 6D: Troubleshoot Multimedia Devices
Lesson 7: Troubleshooting System Components
- Topic 7A: Troubleshoot Storage Devices
- Topic 7B: Troubleshoot Power Supplies
- Topic 7C: Troubleshoot Memory
- Topic 7D: Troubleshoot CPUs
- Topic 7E: Troubleshoot System Boards
Lesson 8: Installing and Configuring Operating Systems
- Topic 8A: Install Microsoft Windows
- Topic 8B: Upgrade Windows
- Topic 8C: Add Devices to Windows
- Topic 8D: Optimize Windows
Lesson 9: Maintaining and Troubleshooting Microsoft Windows
- Topic 9A: Operating System Utilities
- Topic 9B: Maintain Microsoft Windows
- Topic 9C: Troubleshoot Microsoft Windows
- Topic 9D: Recover Microsoft Windows
Lesson 10: Network Technologies
- Topic 10A: Network Concepts
- Topic 10B: Network Communications
- Topic 10C: Network Connectivity
- Topic 10D: Internet Technologies
Lesson 11: Installing and Managing Network Connections
- Topic 11A: Create Network Connections
- Topic 11B: Install and Configure Web Browsers
- Topic 11C: Maintain and Troubleshoot Network Connections
Lesson 12: Supporting Laptops and Portable Computing Devices
- Topic 12A: Laptop and Portable Computing Device Components
- Topic 12B: Install and Configure Laptops and Portable Computing Devices
- Topic 12C: Maintain and Troubleshoot Laptops and Portable Computing Devices
Lesson 13: Supporting Printers and Scanners
- Topic 13A: Printer and Scanner Technologies
- Topic 13B: Printer and Scanner Components
- Topic 13C: Printer and Scanner Processes
- Topic 13D: Install and Configure Printers and Scanners
- Topic 13E: Maintain and Troubleshoot Printers and Scanners
Lesson 14: Personal Computer Security Concepts
- Topic 14A: Security Fundamentals
- Topic 14B: Security Protection Measures
- Topic 14C: Data and Physical Security
- Topic 14D: Wireless Security
- Topic 14E: Social Engineering
Lesson 15: Supporting Personal Computer Security
- Topic 15A: Install and Configure Security Measures
- Topic 15B: Maintain and Troubleshoot Security Measures