Certification : Web Programming with PHP
The goals of this course are twofold. One goal is to teach sound programming skills using PHP as the first programming language. The other goal is to explore the use of PHP in the implementation of Web applications.
The course is for anyone who will be involved with the development and maintenance of web sites that use pages containing PHP. A sound knowledge of HTML is a pre-requisite for this course.
Apart from developers, the course is also suitable for web site designers, web site administrators and project managers who wish to learn the capabilities and potential of PHP.
- ability to create professional PHP websites using nothing more sophisticated than a text editor
- implementing modular PHP code
- using PHP to retrieve information from databases
- string manipulation and pattern matching with regular expressions
- reading and writing data from files
- working with arrays of data
- managing date and time
- maintaining state with cookies
- using functions to implement modular code
- working with PHP objects
- understanding how an e-commerce site can be implemented using PHP
The course will use PHP running with Apache on a Linux or Windows platform. If required PHP can be used with IIS on a Windows platform.
- Storing and retrieving data from files
- Creating and manipulating arrays
- Specifying regular expressions to search for particular patterns
- Creating and using functions
- Creating and using objects
- Reading and writing data to a MySQL database
- Maintaining state with cookies
- Handling dates and time
- Generating images