Administering Windows Server 2012 (Course 20411)(Exam 70-411)
Exam Code: 70-411
Duration: 4 Days
Fee: RM2, 500.00
This course provides the skills and knowledge necessary to implement a core Windows Server 2012 infrastructure in an existing enterprise environment. The three courses in total will collectively cover implementing, managing, maintaining and provisioning services and infrastructure in a Windows Server 2012 environment. While there is some cross-over in skillset and tasks across the courses, this course will primarily cover the administration tasks necessary to maintain a Windows Server 2012 infrastructure, such as user and group management, network access and data security.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Implement a Group Policy infrastructure.
- Manage user desktops with Group Policy.
- Manage user and service accounts.
- Maintain Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS).
- Configure and troubleshoot Domain Name System (DNS).
- Configure and troubleshoot Remote Access.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot the Network Policy Server (NPS) role.
- Implement Network Access Protection (NAP).
- Optimize file services.
- Configure encryption and advanced auditing.
- Deploy and maintain server images.
- Implement Update Management.
- Monitor Windows Server 2012.
Module 1: Implementing a Group Policy Infrastructure
- Understanding Group Policy
- Implementing GPOs
- Managing Group Policy Scope
- Group Policy Processing
- Troubleshooting Policy Application
Module 2: Managing User Desktops with Group Policy
- Implementing Administrative Templates
- Configuring Group Policy Preferences
- Managing Software with GPSI
Module 3: Managing User and Service Accounts
- Creating and Administering User Accounts
- Configuring User Object Attributes
- Automating User Account Creation
Configuring Managed Service Accounts
Module 4: Maintaining Active Directory Domain Services
- Implementing Virtualized Domain Controllers
- Implementing Read Only Domain Controllers
- Administering AD DS
- Managing the AD DS Database
Module 5: Configuring and Troubleshooting DNS
- Installing the DNS Server Role
- Configuring the DNS Server Role
- Configuring DNS Zones
- Configuring DNS Zone Transfers
- Managing and Troubleshooting DNS
Module 6: Configuring and Troubleshooting Remote Access
- Configuring Network Access
- Configuring VPN Access
- Overview of Network Policies
- Troubleshooting Routing and Remote Access
- Configuring DirectAccess
Module 7: Installing, Configuring, and Troubleshooting the Network Policy Server Role
- Installing and Configuring a Network Policy Server
- Configuring RADIUS Clients and Servers
- NPS Authentication Methods
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting a Network Policy Server
Module 8: Implementing Network Access Protection
- Overview of Network Access Protection
- How NAP Works
- Configuring NAP
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting NAP
Module 9: Optimizing File Services
- Overview of FSRM
- Using FSRM to Manage Quotas, File Screens, and Storage Reports
- Implementing Classification Management and File Management Tasks
- DFS Overview
- Configuring DFS Namespaces
- Configuring and Troubleshooting DFS Replication
Module 10: Configuring Encryption and Advanced Auditing
- Encrypting Network Files with EFS
- Configuring Advanced Auditing
Module 11: Deploying and Maintaining Server Images
- Overview of WDS
- Implementing Deployment with WDS
- Administering WDS
Module 12: Implementing Update Management
- Overview of WSUS
- Deploying Updates with WSUS
Module 13: Monitoring Windows Server 2012
- Monitoring Tools
- Using Performance Monitor
- Monitoring Event Logs
* Microsoft is a brand name / trademark owned by the appropriate vendor