Exam Code: 640-554
Duration: 4 Days
Fee: RM 3,000.00
The training focuses on the design, implementation, and monitoring of a comprehensive security policy, using Cisco IOS security features and technologies as examples. The training covers security controls of Cisco IOS devices as well as a functional introduction to the Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA). Using instructor-led discussion, lecture, and hands-on lab exercises, this course allows learners to perform basic tasks to secure a small branch office network using Cisco IOS security features available through web-based GUIs (Cisco Configuration Professional) and the CLI on Cisco routers, switches, and ASAs.
- Describe the components of a comprehensive network security policy that can be used to counter threats against IT systems, within the context of a security policy lifecycle.
- Develop and implement security countermeasures that are aimed at protecting network elements as part of the network infrastructure.
- Deploy and maintain threat control and containment technologies for perimeter security in small and midsize networks.
- Describe secure connectivity strategies and technologies using VPNs, and configure site-to-site and remote access VPNs using Cisco IOS features.
Who Needs to Attend
- Network designers
- Network SAN security administrators
- Network, systems, and security engineers
- Network and security managers
- ICND1 and ICND2/ CCNA Comprehensive Training
Networking Security Fundamentals
- Networking Security Concepts
- Security Policies Using a Lifecycle Approach
- Building a Security Strategy for Borderless Networks
Protecting the Network Infrastructure
- Cisco Network Foundation Protection
- Protecting the Network Infrastructure Using Cisco Configuration Professional
- Securing the Management Plane on Cisco IOS Devices
- Configuring AAA on Cisco IOS Devices Using Cisco Secure ACS
- Securing the Data Plane on Cisco Catalyst Switches
- Securing the Data Plane in IPv6 Environments
Threat Control and Containment
- Planning a Threat Control Strategy
- Implementing Access Control Lists for Threat Mitigation
- Firewall Fundamentals
- Implementing Cisco IOS Zone-Based Policy Firewalls
- Configuring Basic Firewall Policies on Cisco ASA
- IPS Fundamentals
- Implementing Cisco IOS IPS
- Fundamentals of VPN Technologies
- Public Key Infrastructure
- IPSec Fundamentals
- Implementing Site-to-Site VPNs on Cisco IOS Routers
- Implementing SSL VPNs Using Cisco ASA